Friday, October 19, 2012

Let's Rewind a Bit

All my life I have only been fit and in shape when I am unhappy with life in general, which as a whole has only been pockets of time throughout my 35 years.  In 2009 I was on my last fitness kick teaching spin classes and Group Groove at a local gym upwards to 6 classes a week .... short story is I got burnt out but stayed fit with regular exercise and relatively good eating habits (which always made me happier being able to control some things in my life).

Fast forward to the fall of 2010 when I met my husband Steve, and you guessed it, everything was perfect .... life was finally on track and I was in a very happy place.  Our sons (we each have a son from a previous marriage) seemed happy and embraced this new family we had started to nourish.  Life seemed to be easier, so I spent less time on health and fitness with more time devoted to cooking delicious meals (ya I can cook!) and beer sampling with my love and fellow Guinness drinker, Steve.  Needless to say we have both gained some weight over the past two years and while we couldn't be happier it is not the healthy lifestyle I was so proud of a few years back.

I am also a very busy hockey mom spending up to 5 days a week running to arenas or dry land practices, not to mention the lengthy bus trips every weekend!  It is hard to fit in time for me and me alone but I read about other mom's having the same struggles and simply putting aside time each day for themselves and reaping the benefits .... I decided I wanted to reap too lol.

My goal is to learn how to run .... well jog in my case.  Maybe one day I will be a runner.  At this point anything is better then nothing.  In between "runs" I am back on the bike and missing teaching spin like crazy, but for now I am happy to be the student and not over commit myself time wise.  I don't plan to be an athlete, just happy and healthy.  I have the happy part down thanks to my wonderful husband and amazing kids but only I can work on the healthy part.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment