Thursday, October 18, 2012

Walkin' the Walk

So I am not completely new to blogging, I have a foodie blog Spread The Recipe that shares my family's tried and tested favourite recipes but a health and fitness blog is absolutely foreign to me! 

You see I am the shy type, I never assume that anyone would want to hear my story so I usually keep things to myself.  Only trouble is keeping too much to myself and sticking to my comfort zone has left me out of shape and in need of a new approach ... which brings me to this new journey.

I need to be accountable and focus on #mycommitment.  I have been so inspired by the communities that I have found via Twitter through @FitFluential, @CommitmentDay, @FitApproach, @girlsgonesporty and @therunchat that I can't help but stick with this!  Everyone has been open, supportive and encouraging .... and they don't even know me! 

I compare blogging to my old approach of entering details into a food/fitness log where I counted every calorie and curl ... but this is way more intense!  I'm not certain to what extent I will post details of my journey, I suppose as I become more comfortable I will share more but making this lone statement of committing to change my health and current none existent fitness routine is a huge step to start with.  I know I won't have a problem sticking to the changes, my challenge is going to be sharing them with the world.  Crossing my fingers to progress and perseverance!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment