Thursday, November 15, 2012

Back on the Mill

Hit the Dreadmill tonight for a run ... First one in a week :(

I'm sad because I had been hoping to have a full week's worth of planned runs under my belt but my cold resurfaced and set me back yet again.  Today's plan was 3miles doing 3&1 ... With a 5min warm up and a 5min cool down.  At my slow speed that ends up being 1/4mile warm up and 1/4mile cool down leaving me an even 2.5miles to run 3&1 .... Normally my rest periods have been longer so this was an adjustment for me but it still felt great!

A friend of mine has graciously agreed to coach me on this running journey, his suggestion was to start back at square one with 3&1 until I was comfortable, even if that takes two weeks of running at these intervals to get there.  I am determined to do this but definitely need suggestions and tips along the way to succeed and am thankful for J's input and encouragement.  And I even finished my workout with a little TRX to spice things up a bit!

Dinner tonight was .... you guessed it, Kale!  With quinoa, bell peppers and puréed tomatoes with garlic.  DeeLish!!! And the hubs even enjoyed it too :)

All in all, a good day!  I just really need to make an effort at breakfast time, coffee seems to be all I can squeeze into my schedule in the morning which is horrible habit, I am doing zero favours for my metabolism! New goal ... Eat brekkie, everyday!

Cheers,
K.

No comments:

Post a Comment