Wednesday, November 28, 2012

New Found Energy

I have decided to stop being ridiculous and take advantage of the gym that is located at my work, that's right .... I have a gym, a FREE gym ...at my work AND I have been neglecting to use it!  I blame in on the pooches and running home to let them out in the middle of the day, or running home to meet my son during lunch, and I suppose there is a dash of just plain laziness in there as well!  Regardless, I have decided midday is the BEST time for me to get in a workout, anything I do at home on top of that is just icing on my fitness cake :)



We have a great Treadmill (love, love love this treadmill), Elliptical, Weights, Smith Machine and Spin bikes and if I time my workouts right I can have the gym all to myself!  That was my plan today and it worked out perfectly! 


I did my own version of a HIIT.  I likely grouped the wrong exercises together but felt it was a good "mix" and as a result my workout felt great!


 



HIIT
Dreadmill Run 5 min
Push Ups  10-12 reps
Medicine Ball Chops 10-12 each side
Squat/Shoulder Press Combo w/weights 10 reps
Stationary Lunges/Bicep Curl Combo w/weights 10 reps each side
Incline Chest Press/Fly (obviously with weights!) 10-12 reps each exercise
Repeat the circuit 3 times and finish with a 4th Dreadmill run for good measure!  I finished it all off with 5 minutes on the spin bike because my legs really have a long way to go in terms of strength building and they needed to finish with something they were comfortable with!


I need to look into more ideas for exercises incorporating Medicine Balls .... I like the variation and  have only used them once in the past.  So yet again, I have some reading to do!  What are your favourite exercises ... I'm open to suggestions!

Also, super exciting news ... Last night during the #Fitblog Twitter Chat I chatted a bit with @ENERGYbits and they are sending me samples in the mail today!!!  I can't wait to try them.  The benefits of algae are just unreal.  I have only begun to look into this super food, I see a new obsession on the horizon!  Stay tuned :)

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment