Friday, November 23, 2012

Shin Splints Suck ... Just sayin'

What did I say about the dreaded too much, too soon approach?   I write to you from my couch with ice packs lining my shins :(

Don't get me wrong, I kept going with my daily run to maintain my #RWRunStreak but I did cut it short at 2 miles finishing things off with some shoulders, triceps and abs.  I have fears that a mile a day may cause me significant discomfort but I hope it's at least manageable .... I mean it's supposed to be a challenge right?

My plan is to look into running form ... Maybe it's how I run that causes my shin splints?  Perhaps my heel strike?  Seems so silly when we have all been running for what seems like forever,  but then I guess there is a reason that lots of us stop running at one point or another!  Maybe it is form or maybe I just need new shoes.  So many questions, still so much to learn.

I'm hoping it's a case of tough it out and #GetAfterIt.  Regardless, I have some work to do.  Fortunately I am on the bus for two away games this weekend in the GTA with my boy therefore my daily runs will be short and sweet so to not aggravate my shins.

I'm off to google "shin splints" :)

Cheers to Friday!
K.

No comments:

Post a Comment