Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Roll .... on a piece of Foam???



via Runner's World
 
I've been hearing lots about Foam Rolling lately and have decided that I now need to expand my knowledge base beyond my obvious and somewhat literal interpretation of .... "you want me to roll?  On a piece of foam???"

It makes sense, I have used a tennis ball or a frozen bottle of water to relieve Plantar Fasciitis pain so I suppose a foam roller over other muscle groups would be a logical progression. 

I found a fantastic infographic from the folks over at Greatist that outlines the basics with various ways to introduce Foam Rolling into your workout regime.  Personally I would rather enlist a masseuse but that likely isn't in the budget and I figure I have nothing to lose by investing in a piece of foam that could potentially speed recovery, release muscle tension and prevent injuries! 

I have committed to the Runner's World 2012 Holiday Run Streak and the 5:5:5 Challenge with @FauxRunner so learning the foam rolling basics are now a necessity of my imminent future so this raelly is a rather timely post that clearly identifies my need to learn and diversify as I attempt to tackle this running bugaboo that has always haunted me.

Cheers all ....
K.

1 comment: