Friday, November 2, 2012

Soups On!

I just found out we are having another United Way fundraiser at work next week .... last week was Chilifest, next week is the Soup Kitchen!!!  Now the dilemma of which soup to make???  I have a tendency to always make recipes that include beer ... not healthy I know, but you can sell anything if you tell people there is beer in it, honestly!

One of my favs would have to be Great Canadian Chowder ... Beer, Bacon and Cheese.  A great trifecta when you are trying to appeal to the masses, not so great on the waistline but for these fundraisers I like to go for the wow factor.  I suppose I could make two soups, my other fav is my mother in law's recipe for Carrot Garlic Soup still has lots of flavour and certainly isn't your run of the mill chicken noodle soup.  Thank goodness the temperature has dropped in K-Town, should help with the soup sales!

Cheers!
K.

No comments:

Post a Comment