Monday, November 19, 2012

Motivation Monday

It's the start of another week and we are that much closer to the hustle and bustle of the holiday season.  I always find myself muttering the Monday Blah's but luckily they are generally over before my first cup of coffee :)

Today I am trying to come up with new ways to motivate myself.  Running and maintaining a running program is my main goal right now but I know myself and can admit that I have to diversify in order to stay motivated and interested!  I am thinking of adding in some TRX workouts to the mix, at this point I need to find what's the best balance and not do the dreaded too much, too soon routine!  So now it comes down to the question of high reps/quick transitions to get through a whole body workout or concentrate on different body parts each day?  I have always been a lover of each workout being dedicated to specific body parts, I don't know why but I tend to think it helps me focus.  Regardless, adding in some different elements to my workouts will certainly help keep me motivated!

I am thinking of committing to the Runner's World 2012 Holiday Running Streak .... you pledge to run 1 mile (minimum) per day between Thanksgiving (American of course) and New Year's Day.  Probably more ambitious then I should be committing to but why not give it a whirl?  I need to learn how to set goals instead of being afraid of not reaching them.  Starting this Thursday I will run at least 1 mile a day .... there I said it.  I will keep up with the running program suggested by J and then on rest days squeeze in a quick 1mile (and by quick I mean "my quick"!)

Feeling motivated already, Happy Monday!

Cheers,
K.



No comments:

Post a Comment